none
HIS 2010 Beta on Windows Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I faced problem while starting the SNA Manager, after installation and successfuly configuring HIS 2010 on windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x64)

Description:

When I start the SNA Manager, It shown 'Error opening sub-domain'

And an Error log in Event viewer reagrding the same is

Event ID: 1000

Faulting application snabase.exe, version 8.5.4143.0, time stamp 0x4be78cea, faulting module SNAIP6.DLL, version 8.5.4143.0, time stamp 0x4be78ce9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000000000000df3e, process id 0xe64, application start time 0x01cb06fc21e60f74.

My Applciation server is in complete IPV4 enviroment, and this error is realted to IPv6 realted i m not sure

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:29 PM

Answers

• I believe that the registry parameter that Robert was referring to is the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SnaBase\Parameters

Transports: REG_MULTI_SZ: SNALM.DLL SNAIP.DLL SNAIP6.DLL

You double-click Transports and delete the SNAIP6.DLL string from the dialog box. Click OK and exit the registry editor. Restart SnaBase and give it another try.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Friday, June 11, 2010 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:25 PM

All replies

• I would post this on the BizTalk 2010/HIS 2010 beta Connect site - this seems like a bug. Usually whenever I get a "faulting application" or "faulting module" during the betas I report them. If you cannot report it I would be glad to do this for you.

http://connect.microsoft.com/biztalk

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:42 PM
  • Yes, this is a known problem...to work around it, argh, don't have the registry here....look (I think) under hklm\sw\ms\Microsoft Host Integration Server (ok, might be no Microsoft, and there might be a year in it), and somewhere there you should find a Reg Value which contains a string with "SNALM SNAIP SNAIP6" in it (spaces, or multi-string value)...remove the snaip6, and you should be good to go. When I am in tomorrow, I will check the exact value (should have brought my badge upstairs)! :-)
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 2:22 AM
  • I believe that the registry parameter that Robert was referring to is the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SnaBase\Parameters

Transports: REG_MULTI_SZ: SNALM.DLL SNAIP.DLL SNAIP6.DLL

You double-click Transports and delete the SNAIP6.DLL string from the dialog box. Click OK and exit the registry editor. Restart SnaBase and give it another try.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Friday, June 11, 2010 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:25 PM
  • That'll teach me to work from home...Yes, exactly that registry entry!
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:34 PM
  • Yes, Stephen its worked.

Thanks

Friday, June 11, 2010 11:33 AM