Module was unable to convert parameter to a double value RRS feed

• Question

• I created a data source that runs a VB script to collect data about files being published for other systems to read. The script works great and returns all the data perfectly in 135 property bags. When the bags are returned using the returnItems command I get the following error. The location issue that was pointed out in several other questions is not the issue here.   

Module was unable to convert parameter to a double value

Original parameter: '$Data/Property[@Name=stdValue']$'

Parameter after $Data replacement: '$Data/Property[@Name=stdValue']$'

Error: 0x80020005

Details: Type mismatch.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:14 PM

Answers

• What this means is that the data you put in that property and the type you are trying to store it in are not compatible.  Returning a property bag and then passing that through a mapper (the typical case) will try and map the value to the final type.  From your posts title, somewhere you have learned that the conversion is to a double.  Doubles are floating point #'s.  So if you are trying to map a string to a double, or an integer to a double, I would expect this error
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Dethgiver Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:21 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:29 PM

All replies

• What this means is that the data you put in that property and the type you are trying to store it in are not compatible.  Returning a property bag and then passing that through a mapper (the typical case) will try and map the value to the final type.  From your posts title, somewhere you have learned that the conversion is to a double.  Doubles are floating point #'s.  So if you are trying to map a string to a double, or an integer to a double, I would expect this error
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Dethgiver Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:21 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:29 PM
  • You wlll also need a counter name.

In the value you are returning, make sure there is a decimal point.

Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:13 PM