AUTOCHECK Not automatically installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello group,

After a regular installation I tried to do a full scan on the hard drive. The OS tells me it will do it on the next reboot. Then on the reboot it sends a message that the autochk program is not found. I then extract the program from the cab file on the i386 folder and copy it to the system32 folder per the instructions found here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913502). On the reboot, the system does the chkdsk normally.

How can I guarantee that this program is installed during regular installation?

Thanks,

Humberto Sequeira

Friday, April 15, 2011 5:24 AM

Answers

• Humberto,

Autochk.exe is contained in the Accessories - Utilities - Disk Management optional component which can be chosen during setup if you choose Custom Installation rather than Typical Installation.  It can also be added to the runtime using the Add/Remove Components - Add or Remove Windows Features from Control Panel.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:09 AM

All replies

• Humberto,

Autochk.exe is contained in the Accessories - Utilities - Disk Management optional component which can be chosen during setup if you choose Custom Installation rather than Typical Installation.  It can also be added to the runtime using the Add/Remove Components - Add or Remove Windows Features from Control Panel.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:09 AM
  • Thanks Terry, I tought we always selected these optionals components. We are now fixing that.

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:44 PM