RD Web Access RRS feed

• Question

• We are hosting a remoteapp for users that are not on the same AD domain that the remoteapp servers are on.  We are trying to avoid having the clients install any files so sso is not an option.

What I would like is for the users to not have to login on the RD Web access page and instead just be presented with the page that shows there apps.

I have tried setting all of the pages to anonymous authentication and entered credentials for the anonymous to use.  I have also commented out the module and security section of the webconfig file and that does not work.  Do I need to store the anonymous web credentials in the web config file and if so, how and where.

Please advise

Monday, March 7, 2011 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, I understand that your RemoteApp server and client PC are in the different domain. You want using self-signed credentials and anonymous authentication replace the single sign-on.

In my experience, this could not be the complete realization of your request. We propose using Web SSO to achieve this requirement is based on the same domain or trusted domain-based.

In Windows Server 2008 R2, the Web Single Sign-On (Web SSO) feature provides users with the ability to enter their credentials only once during logon to Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access). After logon, users can launch RemoteApp programs that are part of the same connection in RemoteApp and Desktop Connections without any further credential prompts, even if the RemoteApp programs are configured to use RD Gateway.

Introducing Web Single Sign-On for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2009/08/11/introducing-web-single-sign-on-for-remoteapp-and-desktop-connections.aspx

Enable RDC Client Single Sign-On for Remote Desktop Services

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742808.aspx

Technology changes life……
    • Marked as answer by TiberiusB Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:56 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by TiberiusB Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by TiberiusB Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Not the answer but closing the thread
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, I understand that your RemoteApp server and client PC are in the different domain. You want using self-signed credentials and anonymous authentication replace the single sign-on.

In my experience, this could not be the complete realization of your request. We propose using Web SSO to achieve this requirement is based on the same domain or trusted domain-based.

In Windows Server 2008 R2, the Web Single Sign-On (Web SSO) feature provides users with the ability to enter their credentials only once during logon to Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access). After logon, users can launch RemoteApp programs that are part of the same connection in RemoteApp and Desktop Connections without any further credential prompts, even if the RemoteApp programs are configured to use RD Gateway.

Introducing Web Single Sign-On for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2009/08/11/introducing-web-single-sign-on-for-remoteapp-and-desktop-connections.aspx

Enable RDC Client Single Sign-On for Remote Desktop Services

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742808.aspx

Technology changes life……
    • Marked as answer by TiberiusB Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:56 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by TiberiusB Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Not the answer but closing the thread
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution to your problem with non domain users logging on to rd web access without having to log in?  I am desparately seeking the same answer.
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:06 PM
  • Check your folder permissions.

C:\windows\web\RDweb\

Give Read & Execute to "Authenticated Users".

• Proposed as answer by Saimon_SP Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:27 PM