How do I reset the hyperlink properties for entire Sharepoint site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We had a custom theme built for us, however, the developer is no longer with us.  Currently all the hyperlinks (quick launch, titles of docs, etc....everything) are all underlined.  I want to revert to the sharepoint default where the underline only shows up when the user hovers over it.

Where exactly can I find this setting and what do I set it to?  I'm guessing its in the css somewhere but I don't know where or what to look for.  If it is in a css file, which one and how do I navigate to it via sharepoint designer?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Michelle

michelle korb
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:33 PM

Answers

• Navigate to the page where your hyperlnks are present and start IE developer tools. Navigate to CSS tab and check the various CSS charts being refrenced.

Now use the search element by click option in developer tools and click on one of the hyperlinks. You will see all the CSS being rendered on that link. Find out the proper CSS tag and do the changes as required. 

Refer to Heather Solomon's site for anything you want to know related to CSS.

Here is the CSS chart

http://sharepointexperience.com/csschart/csschart.html?utm_source=spexp.me&utm_medium=urlshortener

Shubham Goyal
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 AM

All replies

• I found this in our custom corev4 css file:

a:link{
    /* [ReplaceColor(themeColor:"Hyperlink")] */ color:#0072BC;
    text-decoration:none;
    }
    a:visited{
    /* [ReplaceColor(themeColor:"FollowedHyperlink")] */ color:#b10069;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

Is it how the a:link is formatted?

michelle korb
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Navigate to the page where your hyperlnks are present and start IE developer tools. Navigate to CSS tab and check the various CSS charts being refrenced.

Now use the search element by click option in developer tools and click on one of the hyperlinks. You will see all the CSS being rendered on that link. Find out the proper CSS tag and do the changes as required. 

Refer to Heather Solomon's site for anything you want to know related to CSS.

Here is the CSS chart

http://sharepointexperience.com/csschart/csschart.html?utm_source=spexp.me&utm_medium=urlshortener

Shubham Goyal
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:07 AM