Cannot change time zone RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I uninstalled the sp1 rc and when it was done my time zone was changed to GMT +00:00 Unknown Timezone.  Whenever I attempt to change the time zone to something other then this I get an error saying "your changes could not be saved." Can anyone help me out with this?
    Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:24 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Zxcv12,

Thank you for the post.

First please verify you have logged on an account with administrator privileges.

Then let’s perform a Clean Boot to reduce third-party software conflicts.

Clean Boot

========

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment., if the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please check if you computer is in a domain. If so, you may need to contact the domain administrator to confirm if you have the privilege to modify the time zone.

In addition, you can reinstall Windows Vista SP1 RC to test the result.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:44 AM