Mail from our Exchange Server to Hotmail.com/Outlook.com email addresses is being sent to junk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Trying to diagnose an issue with our Exchange 2016 server. Whenever we send mail to people with hotmail accounts, it ends up in their junk mail. Initially users were saying they simply weren't getting the mail and when doing some testing myself I found that only mail sent to my hotmail.com and outlook.com addresses were being marked as spam (Gmail, and other providers were just fine).

Further investigation of mail headers led me to find this line which I think is the culprit:
    X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: 5

Microsoft support hasn't been much help at all. I had found a site where I could submit my issue, but after a couple of emails from them I've had no replies to my requests for further assistance.

I even tried adding a new/additional testing domain to our Exchange server, with all the proper DNS records set and it still gets caught in spam.

Does anyone have any ideas? Microsoft has been next to useless in helping me so far!

Cheers,
    Mitch

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:19 AM

Answers