none
Windows account causes computer to stall

Question

• I opened an email account in windows 10 and now booting up my computer is faulty, and only works one in ten times. How do I disable my windows account. Resetting computer to an earlier date keeps failing.
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:37 PM

All replies

• Firstly, I suggest to use a local account to login system. Click start menu icon->right-click account picture->change account settings->sign with a local account.

After this, reboot computer in the clean boot mode to check.

If this way no help, you could try to execute a repair upgrade or system rest.

1#repair upgrade. Download Windows iso image file from official website and use it to upgrade system, this way will fix system issue.

2#system rest. Settings->Update & security->Recovery->Rest this PC->Keep my files. This way will reset configurations.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi dralib,

I'd like to confirm some points:
    1. Which do you mean by "windows account"?  "Microsoft Account" or "Local Account"?
    2. Can not your computer boot up (show desktop)? Or does problem occur after showing desktop?

If it can boot up and show you desktop, please restore previous status.
    Refer to Recovery options in Windows 10.

If you want to change sign-in account from Microsoft Account to Local Account vice versa, refer to:
      Sign in with a Microsoft account
      Windows 10 tip: Switch back to a local account from a Microsoft account

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:22 AM

• We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:58 AM