PST Capture + Outlook 2010 Home & Business x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use PST Capture to move PST data into some users' mailboxes in Exchange 2010. I've gone over the requirements dozens of times to ensure I have setup all of the necessary roles and permissions. I'm running the Capture Console and Service as Administrator and I'm using the Domain Admin account to log into the host, and have added that AD account to Local Administrators. This AD account also provides Full Access to the mailboxes. I have Outlook 2010 x64 installed and I can add the users' mailboxes to my Outlook Profile with full access.

When I run searches the PST files are found as expected. When I run the import it always errors with ''Import error: Error opening mailbox ...''. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.

How does one see a log for this utility? In my install folder there is no "\Logs" directory.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:18 AM

Answers

• Figured it out. The PST's I was trying with were open on the users' computers. Closed those in Outlook and now it's working great. D'oh!

Great tool MS, thanks!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:43 AM

All replies

• I forgot to add that I'm using Outlook 2010 Home & Business x64 edition, not Outlook Professional 2010. Is Professional required?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Figured it out. The PST's I was trying with were open on the users' computers. Closed those in Outlook and now it's working great. D'oh!

Great tool MS, thanks!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:43 AM