none
Automatically force logoff user every 30mins of actual clock time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need some help here, I recently setup steady state for our public internet access computers, but we want the systems to automatically log off the user every 30mins of the actual clock time (e.g. every 9:00am, 9:30am, 10:00am.. etc) not 30mins when user login, is there anyways to do that?

P.S. I tried use "Scheduled Tasks" with "shutdown.exe -l -f" to do it every 30mins, the task will not run under steadyState account, but it will run under administrator account no problem.

Update: I removed all the restrictions for the public account and log back in, I tried to run the scheduled task manually, and it actually shows it runs with 0x0 means it successful run the task and the last run time also updated, but the account doesn't logoff, but if I run the "shutdown.exe -l" it will logoff the account no problem, what gives? this is really frustrated.

• Edited by TrueSkyDemon Saturday, June 5, 2010 3:04 AM update info2
    Friday, June 4, 2010 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hi TrueSkyDemon, I'd like to inform you that in Windows SteadyState, it only supports "Log off after __ minutes use" under User Settings. It does not include the function to log off automatically every 30 minutes.

Thank you.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, June 7, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Hi Sean Zhu,

Thanks for reply me, I understand that SteadyState only supports auto force logoff after XX minutes of usage, that is why I'm trying to use scheduled task funtion in Windows, but the scheduled tasks will not funtion under the steadystate account which I'm trying to do, I did some searchs and I do found some answers that scheduled task should still work under steadystate locked account, thats why I'm here to look for help to see where I did wrong or what I need to have scheduled tasks to work under steadystate locked account.

Monday, June 7, 2010 3:07 AM