none
ADMT - Citrix cessions profiles

Question

• Hi

I'm migrating users + computer from domain A to domain B.
    Servers & ressources will stay in domain source, so my citrix farm will not be migrate to domain B.

For computer I made a security translation with ADMT to give access to my old profiles on clients computer.

For now, A user from domain A can connect to his old citrix cession, but my user from domain B, cannot.

What can I do for using new profiles (domain B) on citrix server ?

Regards ?

Thursday, April 07, 2016 2:24 PM

All replies

• I do a translate security for profiles saved on citrix server, but I suppose I need to add in my security group from domain source, my new user in cible domain ?

Regards

Thursday, April 07, 2016 3:00 PM
  • I am not sure how Citrix profiles work so better to check directly with Citrix.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Friday, April 08, 2016 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

Did you migrate account with SID history?

If not, I think those users cannot access old profile from domain B may be caused by they do not have permission to access old profile on old domain A.

For more information, you could refer to the part of Planning for a user profile migration of the article below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974331(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 08, 2016 2:59 AM
  • Yes I've migrated SID history, & it's working for Windows Session.

I've made also an translate security on all citrix farm to be sure profile foder have the rights permissions.

Now I'm still blocked when I wan to connect to my session citrix with my new domain user.
    Apparently I don't have the good credentials, and when I want to connect with the old domain user, it's working

Friday, April 08, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

What is the error message when you logon from domain B?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry to unbury an old thread but I face the same situation as you did.

I have a Citrix farm with roaming profiles (only citrix are roaming) and I can't find a way to link the old profile to the new user without recreating a new profile.

Did you finally find a solution to your problem back in these days ?

Thanks in advance,

• Edited by RégisL Monday, May 21, 2018 2:35 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:24 PM
  • I managed to solve the citrix profile migration from a domain to another.

To do that, I wrote a powershell script which, based on a csv (source_samaccountname ; target_samaccountname) copy the old profile folder, rename it, and set the new user on security tab on the new folder.

On my side, the folders were named "samaccountname_domain.V2", it was pretty easy to change it to the target domain.

For me it did the trick, and I was able to retrieve documents, settings for applications which are stored in the user profile etc...

Sometimes, some applications needs to create the folder on their own in order to be able to recognize them for the settings or such, but it really depends on which applications you have.

In hopes it will help someone which encounter this case.

• Proposed as answer by RégisL Friday, July 13, 2018 9:01 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 9:01 AM