none
ADMT - Citrix cessions profiles

Question

• Hi

I'm migrating users + computer from domain A to domain B.
    Servers & ressources will stay in domain source, so my citrix farm will not be migrate to domain B.

For computer I made a security translation with ADMT to give access to my old profiles on clients computer.

For now, A user from domain A can connect to his old citrix cession, but my user from domain B, cannot.

What can I do for using new profiles (domain B) on citrix server ?

Regards ?

Thursday, April 07, 2016 2:24 PM

All replies

• I do a translate security for profiles saved on citrix server, but I suppose I need to add in my security group from domain source, my new user in cible domain ?

Regards

Thursday, April 07, 2016 3:00 PM
  • I am not sure how Citrix profiles work so better to check directly with Citrix.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Friday, April 08, 2016 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

Did you migrate account with SID history?

If not, I think those users cannot access old profile from domain B may be caused by they do not have permission to access old profile on old domain A.

For more information, you could refer to the part of Planning for a user profile migration of the article below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974331(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 08, 2016 2:59 AM
  • Yes I've migrated SID history, & it's working for Windows Session.

I've made also an translate security on all citrix farm to be sure profile foder have the rights permissions.

Now I'm still blocked when I wan to connect to my session citrix with my new domain user.
    Apparently I don't have the good credentials, and when I want to connect with the old domain user, it's working

Friday, April 08, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

What is the error message when you logon from domain B?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 12:23 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry to unbury an old thread but I face the same situation as you did.

I have a Citrix farm with roaming profiles (only citrix are roaming) and I can't find a way to link the old profile to the new user without recreating a new profile.

Did you finally find a solution to your problem back in these days ?

Thanks in advance,

• Edited by RégisL Monday, May 21, 2018 2:35 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:24 PM