none
Disable Project Server 2013 Project Schedule once project finished. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Kindly suggest me how to disable Project Server 2013 Schedule once the Demand Management workflows completes because Project Manager can able to update the schedule which is required to stop.

I want to disable schedule for Project Manager as well. Also I do not want to remove the Owner rights from Project Manager.

I am waiting for your precious responses.

Regards,

Danish

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Danish,

Here is a procedure to archived completed projects. Doing this, project managers will not see anymore the archived projects but it is a simple admin operation to make the project visible again. You could also tweak this procedure to make archived projects read-only instead of not visible.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Archive-a-completed-project-5117fe4f-3c07-4499-8cc9-99321767954f

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:44 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually requirement is that Project Managers will see their projects in the project center but in different view lets say "Completed Projects" view.

In this view all the completed projects are showing and I have disabled all the custom fields from workflow and Project Manager cannot update any custom field but the problem is with the schedule. He still can change the tasks also can add or delete the tasks.

Hope you get my point. I am waiting for your kind response. 

Regards,

Danish

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 8:14 AM