Tablet and Printer Driver, GoToMyPC host software missing/deleted in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I am running Windows Vista and just in the past few weeks I have noticed that drivers for my Bamboo tablet and HP AIO printer are missing - software utilities are there, but no drivers.  In addition, I use GoToMyPC to access this Vista system remotely and I have to continually reinstall the host software.  I don't know if this is a problem with Vista or with Webroot Antivirus.  I have disabled my firewall and persists, so I don't believe it's a firewall issue. Please help.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What will appear when open Device manager?

From your description, you mentioned Webroot Antivirus, I would suggest boot into clean boot to have a test.

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

If possible, it is better to uninstall Webroot Antivirus and check.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 27, 2011 9:26 AM