Shortcuts on client RRS feed

• Question

• I have a test up and running of APPV with the following in place.

Management server
    SQL Server 2008
    Web Server

All running on Server 2008.

I have had test app running for about 2 months , Word, and am moving onto a larger test. The exisiting user continue to see the APPV Word on their desktop, but any new users do not get the shortcut. The app can be run by navigating to the content share on the appv server but again not shortcut. The app loads up into the client I can see them, but no shortcut, it's really odd.

When I try to add a shortcut by right clicking on the app in the client I get an error saying the shortcut cannot be published with the error code which cannot be found anywhere even using a google search.

Cannot see anything really in the logs.

Ideas anyone?

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:30 PM

Answers

• General rule of thumb is client should not be older than the server or sequencer, but close enough that a Gnome with three fingers can count back that far.
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Mind posting the error code here, along with log-files?
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:46 PM
  • OK.. I am an %$$^% I remember reading a while back about making sure you used the right client with the right server so yep it was a client version issue.

Thanks for the response anyhow.

Others beware, you have to use the correct version of the client with the corresponding server version.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Hello,

I never had an issue with this actually....
    I have upgraded to 4.5 with an 4.1 server, and even maintained several upgrades from 4.1 SP1 to 4.2, latest release.
    Now, of course - they other way around (for example 4.5 server with an 4.1 client) I don't know much about...
    The FAQ for App-V states that clients should be upgraded first.

Well, glad you figured it out
    /Znack
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:20 PM
  • General rule of thumb is client should not be older than the server or sequencer, but close enough that a Gnome with three fingers can count back that far.
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:20 PM