Outlook 2016 compatibility issue with Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All Outlook Expert,

Good day!!!

Anyone here has able to connect Outlook 2016 client using Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP) to Exchange 2010. This frustrates me because I cannot find any effective solution online. The number of users now increasing using this version but because as per MS, it should be supported. But why I cannot make it connect. Is there something special configuration I need to make in the client or server side? I did all registry tweaking being advised on the internet. Please anyone who has a good heart to share how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated. 

The issue is, when tried to connect Outlook 2016 to our Exchange 2010, it keeps prompting credentials and won't connect at all.

Regards,

Jazer

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Jazer,

By default, Outlook 2016 should be able to connect to Exchange 2010. 

How many users are affected by this issue currently? Are these users using external clients or internal clients?

If you haven't tested Outlook anywhere function on internal clients, please also have a try with it and let us know the result.

Besides, please also try testing the connectivity via the Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool and see whether there is any error. If any, could you please provide the result to us so that we can further look into it?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 7, 2017 8:50 AM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:58 AM