none
Issue in removing another user's mailbox from my profile

Question

• Hi,

I've attached another user's mailbox with my mailbox by using this command

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity user1 -User user2 -AccessRights FullAccess -AutoMapping $true

But now I am unable to remove this user's account from my outlook. Whenever I enter this command to remove other user's mailbox from my mailbox

Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity user1 -User user2 -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

I am always getting the same message

WARNING: An inherited access control entry has been specified: [Rights: CreateChild, Delete, ReadControl, WriteDacl, WriteOwner, ControlType: Allow]  and was ignored on object "CN=User1,OU=Users=,DC=abc,DC=com".

and I am unable to remove user from my profile.

Can anyone help me  in this regard

Friday, June 24, 2016 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In general, we can use the following command to remove Jim Hance’s Full Access permission to Ayla Kol's mailbox.

Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity ayla -User "Jim Hance" -AccessRights FullAccess -Inheritance

Please refer to above example to change your command to test.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj919240(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

David

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:59 AM

All replies

• Why are you adding -InheritanceType All to the remove command when you didn't specify that when you added the right?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, June 24, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

In general, we can use the following command to remove Jim Hance’s Full Access permission to Ayla Kol's mailbox.

Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity ayla -User "Jim Hance" -AccessRights FullAccess -Inheritance

Please refer to above example to change your command to test.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj919240(v=exchg.150).aspx

Regards,

David

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:59 AM