BSOD after waking up comp... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition. Been using it for years already, and today it starts to messed up my comp. This is my first time experiencing a BSOD crashes. Well basically I put my computer to sleep for like 5 hours, and i woke it up in the morning. As i was about to run some program, BSOD hit me so bad, i can't feel anything. I'm worried because before I changed my motherboard, I had an intense BSOD events occuring for a period of time. After replacing this and that part of the hardware it is now safe. But it has return now. Hope the attachment of a picture from the crash report helps.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:49 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:57 AM

Answers

• Hi, good to see msinfo32.exe helped.

someone else might step in soon to help you analyze the uploaded file - not my forte really..

You'll likely need to tell us more about your computer & hardware used. All we know is Win7 home..

As for why? BSOD occur - generally incompatability. Drivers - softwares running cause problems. Go above and try the Clean Boot. to see what might be wrong. That link will give you more help/info on this.

Regards, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:15 PM

All replies

• Anyone care to help? :(
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:09 AM
  • Hi Zeniaga, you wrote; "I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition. Been using it for years already"

I'm noticing from your screenshot you haven't upgraded to the SP1. Perhaps this is related to this. I'd first go and try updating your OS. Also have you installed anything new recently, check for compatability.. You may need to try running on a clean boot - see below for how to do this.

Also how long since you replaced the Motherboard? Perhaps you need an upgrade to the BIOS/drivers for it too. Make sure in Windows Update you are getting it to check for new drivers too. You may need to check the Manufacturers site for news of any upgrades there.

---------Quoting Arthur Xie-------

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

------------------------------------

Regards, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:01 AM
  • Hi Pkn,

Glad you reply. Appreciate it.

I wasn't aware that i didn't upgrade to SP1 :P

I did not installed anything new for months already. Usually play a little bit of MMORPG and surfing the web, that's all.

I replaced the motherboard by a friend who is specialize in computing around 2 years ago, which is 2009. How do I even check for an upgrade on BIOS/drivers?

I attached a file that records down the crashes. Hope you will have a look at it. Apparently from the record, my comp crashed last week too, did not realized it. I guess putting it on sleeping mode for too long harms the computer?

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdmp7mcux4w9rxu here is the link that i uploaded my BSOD crashes.

Hope to hear not only from you, but from everyone. 

Thanks again. Cheers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Hi again, you said.. "I replaced the motherboard by a friend who is specialize in computing around 2 years ago, which is 2009. How do I even check for an upgrade on BIOS/drivers?"

Well try a 'Windows Update' as first option, as many things would be upgraded for you automatically incl. SP1

You can go into Control Panel and select 'Devices' - there's lots of available info in there too. Simply go to each one - right click on it, and select update driver software. you can select properties too for added info on the devices. start with 'computer' - and then go into 'system devices'

Also use (type in start button search bar) msinfo32.exe - this will give you many system specs as well as some for your motherboard. Check esp. Hardware resources - I/O section. and also check generally - everything should show as OK. If not it'll point you to an error in hardware- software and other components.

All the best. pkn

• Marked as answer by Zeniaga Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Zeniaga Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:42 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Hi again,

I will look upon that windows update thingy, thanks for the heads up.

As for the msinfo32.exe

Everything shows as 'OK', which I am SO glad that it is.

I guess there isn't any problem already right? or are there?

And what about the files that i uploaded, what seems to be the problem of the BSOD?

Hard to tell huh? 

Thanks again,

Regards.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi, good to see msinfo32.exe helped.

someone else might step in soon to help you analyze the uploaded file - not my forte really..

You'll likely need to tell us more about your computer & hardware used. All we know is Win7 home..

As for why? BSOD occur - generally incompatability. Drivers - softwares running cause problems. Go above and try the Clean Boot. to see what might be wrong. That link will give you more help/info on this.

Regards, pkn

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:15 PM
  • Hi again,

Okay i will try to find more information about my computer as for I myself also forgot what spec im using, haha.

Will try the steps you provide and I will see what results I will get.

Currently kinda busy with work.

Will get back as soon as possible.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:44 AM