IE 9 not compatible with Flash Player 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running IE9 for some time on Window 7 (32-bit) with Flash player (not certain of what version it was) and suddenly an Internet Security Screen flashes up wanting me to run a program, I presume, see picture below.

You can click "allow" a couple of times and it goes away but the next website again prompts this screen. I got so fed up with it that I uninstalled the Flash Player, hence I don't know what version I had, just to get rid of this annoying warning but of course you can't be without the Flash Player so I installed it again and what a surprise even the Adobe website triggers the warning, see picture below.

I looked at various websites but cannot find a answer to my problem.

Can anyone help.Thanks and regards

4RM4

Friday, August 3, 2012 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi DB,

Tried the "Allow" button in the past but nothing happened. However by checking the "Do not show me the warning...", as you suggested, and then "Allow" appears to have solved my problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

4RM4

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:52 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Flash Player 11 is Compatible with IE9, try to Reset Internet Explorer settings.

IE9 ---> Tools ---> Internet Options --->Advanced ---> Reset Internet Explorer settings ---> Reset... ---> Ok

Regards,

MCT / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / MCSE / C|EH

Friday, August 3, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Rashid,

Thanks for your quick response. Have carried out your instructions, as above, alas to no avail. When I loaded the website to reply to you I again get the same "error", see below.

Where do I go from here.

Regards

4RM4

Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:08 PM
  • So, I Suggest you to Re-install Flash player for Internet Explorer 9 :

Download Link : http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe

Regards,

MCT / MCITP / MCTS / MCSA / MCSE / C|EH

Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Rashid,

I have re-installed the Flash Player from the link given above but regret to advise you the issue is not resolved. The problem is the same as originally reported on this website on 3rd August 2012.

Regards

4RM4  

Sunday, August 5, 2012 3:58 PM
  • Try going to Control Panel> Flash player > Storage Tab.  Make sure the "Allow sites to save information ...." radio button is checked.

Jerry

Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Excuse my ignorance but in Control Panel when selecting Flash Player under the heading 'Programs' I appear to be able only to uninstall. How can I get to the section of 'Change' or 'Repair' where, I presume, the "Allow sites to save information...." you mention, is located.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

4RM4

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:56 AM
  • If you have the latest version of Flash installed, there should be a Control Panel app Called Flash Player. The entry I mentioned is there.  You can also just click on the Start orb and type Flash Player and it should show up at the top of the search results.

Jerry

Monday, August 6, 2012 1:35 PM
  • Hi,

Just tick "Do not show me the warning.. " then click "Allow". IE Security will not pop up about Flash Player again.

DB.-

• Edited by A'bana Idank Monday, August 6, 2012 3:06 PM
    • Proposed as answer by A'bana Idank Monday, August 6, 2012 3:06 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Jerry,

Got to the Flash Player via the Start orb. The "Allow sites to save information" was already checked but confirmed again. Still no resolve. 

Regards

4RM4

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hi DB,

Tried the "Allow" button in the past but nothing happened. However by checking the "Do not show me the warning...", as you suggested, and then "Allow" appears to have solved my problem.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

4RM4

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Wang-MCSC Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:52 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:58 PM