Event 41, Kernel-Power RRS feed

• Question

• I have been getting random crashes since I build this computer. Any solutions? This is what I see base on event viewer.

I have tested my memory using memory diagnostic and ran memtest for 11 hours.

System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
    EventID 41
    Version 2
    Level 1
    Task 63
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000000000000002
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2014-02-23T08:25:56.872802400Z
    EventRecordID 27701
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer Tobizor-PC
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress false
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0

My tech specs 

Intel i7-4770K
    MSI 7870GHZ
    MSI Z87-G41
    G.SKILL 8GB 1600
    Intel 530 240gb
    Rosewill Hive 750W

Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:57 AM

Answers

• Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Hope this helps, Gerry

• Edited by 暁北 Monday, February 24, 2014 7:51 AM skydrive is renamed as onedrive
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:57 AM
    Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

Regading Event id 41, you can refer to this article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504#method3

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Hope this helps, Gerry

• Edited by 暁北 Monday, February 24, 2014 7:51 AM skydrive is renamed as onedrive
    Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

Regading Event id 41, you can refer to this article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504#method3

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Your edit, if it was necessary, would have been clearer if it had said One Drive (formerly known as Sky Drive)!

Hope this helps, Gerry

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:25 AM