Office 2003/2007 tries to install via software deployment even though it is already installed RRS feed

• Question

•  

Im having an issue with office not being detected on the client machines and SCE pushing it out. Office is already installed on affected machines. This is happening on several clients using Windows XP SP2. I have attempted to let it try and install it again, however it just keeps showing up.

Any Ideas??

Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

First, manually un-install the software which are reoffered from SCE.

Then delete the software package in SCE console, re-create the software, then deploy again.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, February 29, 2008 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

For MSI application, if the application is already instaled on the client, then it will not be downloaded and offered from the SCE server.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Monday, February 4, 2008 8:30 AM
  •  

Clients that have the application are trying to re-download and install it. Clients that do not have Office will download and install it, then later on that day it would download it again and try to install.
    Monday, February 4, 2008 11:40 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Please open a command prompt and run "wuauclt /reportnow" on the problematic clients to report the status, wait for a while, then open SCE console, navigate to "Software" space, right click the office package and select "Deployment Status" to check the status.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Friday, February 8, 2008 6:10 AM
  • Sorry i didnt reply earlier... very busy month...

No go on that, no matter how many times it installs, system center is still trying to push it out.

Having a similar problem with Office Communicator 2007. Followed the steps you recommended, in the console, its showing as

"Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Microsoft Office Communicator 2007."

However it's showing in that window with a status of "downloaded" and it is prompting me to install it again on my PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Wilde -MCSE, CCNA, CCA

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:01 PM
  • Hi Dave,

First, manually un-install the software which are reoffered from SCE.

Then delete the software package in SCE console, re-create the software, then deploy again.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Friday, February 29, 2008 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:16 AM
  • I'm experiencing a similar problem. I manually downloaded Office 2007 SP2 to install on a few computers. I installed it on a Windows XP SP2 machine and it is still showing up in Microsoft Updates (I am not using SCE). I just tried to run "wuauclt /reportnow" from the command prompt. I'll check again in a little while and will let you know if it helps or not.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:06 PM