Prevent Software Centre from showing optional software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do I get Software Centre to, by default, NOT show optional software?

My test environment is currently showing all of my capture/install TS in software centre and I'd like to default this behaviour to only show required.

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast

View my MCP Certifications

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:07 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I get quite annoyed with moderators marking things as answers when they aren't. It degrades the quality of the forums.

I have actually come across the correct answer in the last couple of days.

If you wish to hide OS TS you just mark them as only being applicable to an OS you don't have deploying, such as vista. It won't appear in software centre, but will still be available for OSD deployment.

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

Follow me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Brian_Jones Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:20 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:20 PM

All replies

• My guess is that you cannot change that behavior. Software Center will always start with that option enabled (even if you removed the checkmark before closing an re-opening it).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:23 AM
  • That could use changing!

Still, if you can't change it, you can't change it. Bit of a pain though.

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Sorry, I get quite annoyed with moderators marking things as answers when they aren't. It degrades the quality of the forums.

I have actually come across the correct answer in the last couple of days.

If you wish to hide OS TS you just mark them as only being applicable to an OS you don't have deploying, such as vista. It won't appear in software centre, but will still be available for OSD deployment.

Follow me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by Brian_Jones Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:20 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:20 PM