Client deployment RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a production SCCM 2007 environment in our domain (one forest, one domain). We also have built a validation ConfigMgr 2012 environment in the production domain as well.  Once we test that, we will also build a production ConfigMgr 2012 environment.

So, I discovered a few workstations in our val 2012.  I did a manual push of the SCCM client to mine and did not install the client on the others.  All of the workstations were assigned the site code of our validation site.  All of the workstations also had the SCCM 2007 client installed.

In the validation SCCM 2012 environment, under Administration-Sites-Client Installation Settings-Client Push Installation, I currently have the checkbox "Enable automatic site wide client push installation" UNCHECKED.  I also have the Administration-Sites-Client Installation Settings-Software Update Based Client Installation, I have the "Enable software update-based client installation" UNCHECKED.

Under Sites-Hierarchy Settings (site settings properties), I have the "Upgrade client installation settings" UNCHECKED.

My workstation now has the client installed on it, but so do the other workstations, even though I did not do a manual push to them.

So, with the site wide client push disabled, (among other settings) how is it possible that the other workstations now have the SCCM client on them?

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:09 PM

All replies

• Any login scripts or client health scripts that would install / re-assign clients?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:30 PM
  • I checked both and didn't see anything.  We used to push out the client via GPO, but then decided not to.  What's strange is that the workstations didn't get the client "immediately" - it was a few days between them getting created in SCCM and getting the client installed.

So, I'm hesitant to discover any additional AD systems until I can find a reason for this.

Strange.....

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:43 PM
  • look at the built-in Client Push > Client push installation status details report.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:44 PM