none
Open a new browser tab using Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SSRS report that I am rendering in an iFrame. The report has a hyperlink that opens in a new browser tab. The underlying code uses JS's window.open command. It works fine in Chrome, but in IE11 when I click on the hyperlink nothing happens. Seems like IE prevents opening new tabs/windows from iFrames. Any workaround?

Thanks

Friday, December 15, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Always record developer console messages". Save changes. Now when you display the IE dev tool (f12) it will list markup, scripting, security and xss errors in the Console tab, when you debug your web pages.

File>Properties menu..... which IE security zone does the parent window map to? expected intranet. If you are developing/testing on a localhost it may be mapped to the internet zone.

IE has security settings for

Opening scripted windows, use of the built-in popup blocker and navigation into a zone of lower integrity.

The first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons mode (third-party popup blocker addons can also affect scripted window outcomes). Start>run>iexplore.exe -extoff

Your chrome browser does not use 'Security zones', its built-in popup blocker does not use the concept of a 'Security zone', the Addons 'model' is different.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:53 PM