none
WINDOW 7 PROFESSION 32 BIT TO 64 BIT IN OME PACK RRS feed

• Question

• I HAD PURCHASE THE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 32 BIT OME PACK WITH NEW SYSTEM OF ACER AND I WANT TO UPGRADE 32 BIT TO 64 BIT. AT THE TIME OF PURCHAE I GET ONLY ONE DVD FOR INSTALLATION 32 BIT IN PACKET . 64 BIT INSTALLATION DVD IS NOT RECEIVED. HOW I CAN GET DVD FOR WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL  64 BIT.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:39 AM

Answers

• The OEM package is purchased as either 32-bit or 64-bit and includes only a single OEM DVD for the version you purchased.  You do not get both DVDs in an OEM package.

Retail packages include both 32-bit and 64-t DVDs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:26 AM

All replies

• The OEM package is purchased as either 32-bit or 64-bit and includes only a single OEM DVD for the version you purchased.  You do not get both DVDs in an OEM package.

Retail packages include both 32-bit and 64-t DVDs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:26 AM
  • You won't get both the DVD's. Try googling "Windows 7 technet iso images" to download iso's.

All the Best.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, two versions can be included in one disk, you can check the information in the front cover of DVD pack  contact the OEM vender  for confirmation.

Another thing I would like share with you is that it is impossible to upgrade a system from 32 bit to 64 bit, you need to perform a clean installation.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:25 AM
  • how i can get windows 7 64 bit installation file? whether there is any link on microsoft web site for download?

Friday, September 5, 2014 4:25 PM
  • You can search for what arMarzook says to find the ISOs hosted by DigitalRiver.
    Friday, September 5, 2014 4:33 PM