log file lost, unable to mount database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have lost some log (server crash..) files and I cannot mount the database.

I tried eseutil /p but it didn't help.

It doesn't matter if I loose some data (the uncomitted data in the log files).

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi

Please try /I after ESEUTIL /P

eg

ESEUTIL /P XXX.edb /I

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• 1. Do you have a copy of the database BEFORE you ran eseutil /p on it?

2.  Have you checked your event logs on that server?  If the crash was caused by something in the disk subsystem going south then you DO NOT want to run eseutil /P on that database since it could cause more damage.  If this is the case you want to fix that disk issue ASAP but also if possible make a copy of the Exchange Database to an alternate location.

3. If you want to access the DB without having to roll the logs check out Lucid8's DigiScope http://www.lucid8.com/product/digiscope.asp which will allow you to roll the logs, do a repair or better yet do a Forensic Mount to get to the data without doing a repair or rollup.

Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Thank you for these suggestions.

The crash was caused by a power issue(unclean shutdown). I don't have any backup.

Is there any solution using the exchange bultin Tools?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:14 PM
  • Hi

Please try /I after ESEUTIL /P

eg

ESEUTIL /P XXX.edb /I

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:52 AM