none
MS Project How to retrieve the deleted base calender RRS feed

• Question

• I accidently deleted the 24 Hours Base Calendar from Global.MPT via "File->Info->Organize Global Template".

Now it is not showing up in any of my projects. How can I retrieve deleted 24 Hours base calender or import it for using in other projects.

Thanks

Daljeet

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:28 AM

Answers

• I tried by renaming the Global.MPT to Global.old but it does NOT work.
    I have XP so Global.MPT was under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033
    Project 2010 is not making new Global.MPT on reopening and closing the project.
    I am using trial version but it should not make any difference.
    Any clue on why it is not working the way you expected.
    Thanks
    Daljeet

It's in C:\Documents and Settings\<your_profile_name>\Application Data\Microsoft\MS Project\14\1033

Pls change settings to display hidden files and folders in searching the file and make sure Project 2010 is not running while renaming. The next open/close session of Project 2010 will automatically create Global.mpt.

Regards. --Ismet
    • Marked as answer by Daljeet Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Daljeet,

The 24 hours base calendar is installed when you install Microsoft Project.

So if you have another computer that has Microsoft Project on it, you could open Microsoft Project, use the Organizer to copy the 24 hour calendar into a project file (mpp). Copy this projct file onto your pc and use the organizer to copy the 24 hour base calendar into your global template.

Or you could simply re-create the 24 hour base calendar yourself using 'Change Working Time'

• Click 'Create New Calendar'
    • Go to Work Weeks and click Details
    • Select Monday through Sunday
    • Select 'Set days to these specific working times' and enter 0:00 for both From and To

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:39 AM
  • Hello Daljeet,

Apply the following if you do not have any customized item in Global.mpt: search and locate the Global.mpt file in the system and rename it as Global.old. Project will restore Global.mpt next time you start it.

Regards. --Ismet
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Daljeet,

Just to expand on Ismet's response. If you do have custom items in your Global (e.g. views, tables, filters, etc.), you can use the Organizer to first transfer those to a blank project file. Then I suggest you close Project and find your active Global. If you have a normal Windows 7 configuration your active Project Global file will be located at,

c:/Users/[your user name]/App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/MS Project/14/1033.

You can then either rename it as Ismet suggested or move it to the trash. After Project is opened and regenerates a new default Global, including your 24 hour calendar, you can then transfer any custom items back to your new working Global from the file you saved above.

John

• Proposed as answer by Ashu_ Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:05 PM
    I have XP so Global.MPT was under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033
    Thanks
    Daljeet
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:27 AM
  • One more info. I have MS Project 2007 also on my machine with MS Office 2007 (i do not have MS Office 2010)

Daljeet

• Edited by Daljeet Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:05 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:39 AM
    Thanks
    Daljeet

It's in C:\Documents and Settings\<your_profile_name>\Application Data\Microsoft\MS Project\14\1033

Pls change settings to display hidden files and folders in searching the file and make sure Project 2010 is not running while renaming. The next open/close session of Project 2010 will automatically create Global.mpt.

Regards. --Ismet
    • Marked as answer by Daljeet Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:27 AM
  • This worked. Thanks to Hans, Ismet and John.

Daljeet

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:43 AM
  • You're welcome.
    Regards. --Ismet
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:45 AM