Intermittent An Internal Error has Occurred when using RDC RRS feed

• Question

• We have several users on Windows 10 Pro PCs and Windows 10 LTSB Thin Clients using Terminal Services on Server 2012 R2.(Some Windows 7 embedded Thin Clients that are not affected by this nor are the ones with the Win 8 skin for embedded.) The devices are almost all HP with a few that are offbranded.

Randomly throughout the day without warning they get disconnected on their sessions with "An internal error has occurred." Sometimes they can go a day or 2 without but usually get this error a few times a day while being able to immediately log back in. As most people are able to get back in its also hard to find on timestamp logs (The servers seem to see it as just a disconnect) as we don't have specific times usually or a range due to lack of reporting the issue other than its still happening x times a day.

We have tried to delete the MSLicensing registry key, along with reseting the winsock for connections, and a few other common practice fixes for this issue that we have dug through forums to find.

I was going to try the remote desktop app from the store as this could resolve our issues with the PCs possibly, but we would try this with a script install instead of the app store and not link it to a Microsoft online account. (This would also save some time on installing on over 70 devices if this is the answer.)

Monday, July 3, 2017 7:56 PM

All replies

• At first, I suggest to update network adapter drivers on those problematic Windows 10 devices for test.

Besides, I recommend a convenient remote desktop software, which I am using now, called Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7, download it from here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44989

You mentioned that using remote desktop app from the store can fix issue, but we can’t install it without MS account, store apps are based on account, not machine, so we can’t deploy store app via script or deployment tools, please check this point.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:56 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. I was playing around with the RDCManager and trying to configure it around to make it useful for what the employees do (and to get it so that users would just use the new connection without having to "Relearn it" because its slightly different.

Seems like it might be more along the line of an update issue and I will double check to see if there are any NIC updates as well. Thank you for the answer. It seems I will have to find out which update is in common with the Thin Clients and the PCs then uninstall it and block it from reinstall. 

• Edited by almostdumb Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:30 PM
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 12:24 PM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:09 AM