none
Lync Edge reporting error event 14402

Question

• Hello,

Recently I've noticed error events 14402 (SIPPROXY_E_AP_BAD_INTERNAL_SERVER) on our Edge:

Multiple incoming connections on internal edge from non-internal servers.

In the past 31 minutes the server received 5 incoming connections on internal edge from non internal servers.
    The last one was from host *.mydomain.pl [which is our wildcard cert].

Cause: This can happen if an internal server is not present in the list of internal servers on the access Edge Server.

Resolution:

If the server is a valid one, you need to add it to the list of internal servers on the Access Edge Server, If the server is invalid, you may be under an attack from that server.

Where can I find this "list of internal servers on the Access Edge Server" ?

Regards,

Paroola

• Edited by paroola Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:06 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please remove all the wildcard certificates from all the Lync server and replace with none wildcard certs

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:32 PM
  • Hi,Paroola,

Wildcard certificate only be supported on some special Lync server role,and it has some limitations,you can check the following link to get more details and make sure you assign the wildcard certificate correctly.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202161.aspx 

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hello,

I have got the same problem but no wildcard certificates in use. The "internal servers" mentioned are Exchange 2010 UM ones which try to contact the Lync edge pool servers. All servers use the proper certificates and trust the same CA. What is the "list of internal servers on the Access Edge Server" ? Where is it and how to modify this ? (I suspect this is a kind of remainder after OCS where a dedicated tab at the management console existed to be filled in).

Regards,

Marek

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:48 AM
  • Any updates?  I'm having the same issue with my AudioCode SBA accessing Lync 2013 edge servers.  No wildcard certificates in use.  Thank you. 
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Any update on this?

We're facing the same problem with our UM-servers.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:18 AM