Remote operations Manager, Future, scalability, current information RRS feed

• Question

• I've been searching everywhere to find more information related to ROM and it's future.  As a Managed Services provider we are (or were?) planning to use ROM for our MS managed Services solution.

I have a few questions I can't see to get answered:

1. Is ROM  supported in SCOM R2?  Why not?  As amanaged Services provider we monitor multile platforms, R2 has cross platform capabilities, how do I use them  them in a ROM configuration?
    2. can the solution scale to support clients with more that 30 servers?  How?  Where is it documented? 
    3. What is Microsoft planning to do to support the managed service providers moving forward?  other vendors are pulling away with lighter, less expensive solutions, is there some new coming?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1. Presently, Remote Opertions Manager is only supported for Operations Manager 2007 SP1 and Essentials 2007 SP1. If it will be updated to support the latest version of SCOM or SCE, we will let you know.

2. There is not such a solution.

3. Thanks for your suggestion, which will be passed on the the developing team for their consideration.

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Wednesday, February 3, 2010 10:03 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:02 AM