none
Multi-Valued Attributes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

I am starting with a SQL database that contains SecondarySchoolIDs. It contains a value that is coma separated list of multiple 3 digit numbers. (102,103,104)

In Active Directory I have a multi-valued custom attribute called SchoolCodes. it currently, and correctly, has each SchoolCode as single values in the attribute.

In my Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) metaverse I have an Attribute called SecondarySchoolIDs that is Multi-valued (and I've tried both Indexed and Non-Indexed)

In my Management Agent I cannot get the SecondarySchoolIDs attribute to allow Multi-valued. "Attribute is multi-valued" checkbox is greyed out.

When I look at my pending export, I see that the SchoolCodes attribute is getting modified by removing all of the single values and putting in 1 coma separated string.

What do I need to do to get the  "Attribute is multi-valued" checkbox in my Management Agent selectable? Or... does MIM even support this?

Monday, January 21, 2019 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Fred-

To mark the attribute as multi-valued you need to do so when you create it. You'll need to delete your SecondarySchoolIDs metaverse attribute (along with any connected attribute flows) and re-create it.

To transfer the comma delimited string into that attribute you'll need an advanced import flow rule that splits the string and accumulates the values for MIM. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

In your case, you will need to create MA extension to decode comma separated value to multiple values and assign it to mv multi value attribute.

Best regards

Goran

Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:45 AM