none
Windwos 10 high definition audio device driver update RRS feed

• Question

• On 8-1-17 my driver update program installed the latest high definition audio device driver 10.0.15063.502 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10. Since that update my computer no longer sends high definition audio to my hdtv. The device manager now indicates that the "device cannot start, code 10". I have ran trouble shooter which detects the problem, reloads the driver, the restarts the computer with no change. I have uninstalled the high definition audio device and it reinstalls when the computer is restarted with no change. I have checked for Windows updates and that scan indicates my computer is up to date. The high definition audio device no longer appears in the playback device list. Please provide a solution to this failed update and give me the name of the previous driver version and provide a link to where it can be downloaded.
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:19 AM

All replies

• right click on start, click on device manager,go to the device driver, double click on it, go to the driver tab click on it, click on roll back driver, you will meet your previous result.
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:33 AM
  • If you are using Windows 10 why aren't you posting in the appropriate Window2s 10 forum found @ https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

This is a Windows 7 forum for specifically for the Windows 7 operating system!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Did you use some third-party software to update the driver?

According to current situation, I suggest you can boot in Safe Mode to roll back the driver:

Device Manager-locate the device you want to roll back-right click it-Properties-Driver Tab-Roll Back Driver-Yes

If Roll back option is disabled, you can uninstall the latest high definition audio device driver in Safe Mode and reinstall the elder version of this driver on the manufacture’s website.

http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Please post using one drive or drop box share links:

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

1) msinfo32

In left lower corner search type msinfo32 > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread

2) dxdiag

In left lower corner search type dxdixg > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread.

3) In the left lower corner search type: winver

4) In the pop up about windows please view the windows version and build and post that information into the thread.

5) Which software are you using to update drivers?

6) What is the model of your computer?

7) Had you had any BSOD ?

8) If you had bsod please post using one drive or drop box share links:

a) mini dump files:  %SystemRoot%\Minidump or c:\windows\minidump

b) memory dump file:  %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

9) please uninstall all drivers installed by any software program as "you don't know what you are getting" and you already have some problems.  For drivers always use the Toshiba web site for your Toshiba computer.  In case you cannot find a suitable driver there then use the component manufacturer site such as Intel, Nvidia, etc.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:50 AM
  • As I described in my post, that has already been tried and does not correct the problem.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:58 AM
  • The thread was posted from a page searching windows 10 issues. I do not know why it appeared on a windows 7 site. I was previously able to search for drivers on the windows support site but it appears that there is no longer a search function on that support site.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:02 AM
  • The update that caused the failure was done by the IObit Driver Booster 4 program. All my attempts to reload the driver have been done in the windows 10 platform without third party software. The High definition audio device is a windows device. I also have the Toshiba Realtek hdad but my computer had been using the Windows hdad as default. Both have the latest updates but neither will send high definition audio to my hdtv. Toshiba only lists drivers for the Realtek hdad. Only the windows hdad indicated a failure after the update done by the IObit program. I have been unable to find a previous version of the driver on the windows support site. There is no roll back option for the windows driver.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:10 AM
  • Please just tell me the version # of the previous windows hdad driver and where it can be downloaded. If the previous driver does not correct the problem then I will consider following your suggestions.

Thanks

Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:16 AM
  • I should know the specific computer model so that I can provide the correct hdad driver for you.

I strongly suggest that you don't have to use third-party software like IObit Driver Booster 4 program to update your driver. Windows 10 will release the driver update in Windows Update where you can download the trusted and compatible drive.

You should now uninstall the problematic driver and block the installation of it by using this tool here, since system will automatically detect and download it when you startup your computer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:03 AM