none
IE9 does not work when opened through PureVPN software RRS feed

• Question

• Installed PureVPN virtual private network software on my home PC, running Windows 7 Ultimate, and have tried to access the internet by opening Internet Explorer 9 through PureVPN - it just hangs up and will not proceed beyond partially opening up my IE9 login page.   Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox do not have any problems when opened through this PureVPN software.  PureVPN Tech Support says it is a Microsoft IE9 issue, not a PureVPN issue.   Any ideas for solutions?   Is it a matter of IE9 settings?    Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:13 PM

Answers

• will not proceed beyond partially opening up my IE9 login page.  

Try using the Developer Tools, Network Capture tool to see what is going on.  If your other browsers have similar function you could use them to be able to compare traces of the two cases.   Note that you could also try spoofing login using another browser by using the Developer Tools to change the User-Agent string.  In that regard you may also find that IE11 would work too.

BTW did the Tech Support indicate something specific about why "it is a Microsoft IE9 issue, not a PureVPN issue"?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• will not proceed beyond partially opening up my IE9 login page.  

Try using the Developer Tools, Network Capture tool to see what is going on.  If your other browsers have similar function you could use them to be able to compare traces of the two cases.   Note that you could also try spoofing login using another browser by using the Developer Tools to change the User-Agent string.  In that regard you may also find that IE11 would work too.

BTW did the Tech Support indicate something specific about why "it is a Microsoft IE9 issue, not a PureVPN issue"?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Might be that post will help you.

http://www.bestvpnservice.com/blog/how-to-setup-putty-for-ssh-vpn/

http://www.purevpnreview.com/

• Edited by Emmechan Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:47 AM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 6:34 AM