System Restart During Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i created ADR to Deploy Windows 7 Updates and Supresed the restarting behavior on servers and clients however the machines got notification to restart the machines automatically after the updates installed.

Ahmed Ali

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Is there only one software update group with a single deployment? Check the deployment settings, User Experience tab, how the device restart behavior is configured.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:39 AM

All replies

• A System restart is still required but will not happen automatically.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:12 PM
  • no in my case happened automaticallly :)

Ahmed Ali

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Is there only one software update group with a single deployment? Check the deployment settings, User Experience tab, how the device restart behavior is configured.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi Ahmed.

I have done a lot of software update deployments the last year with SCCM 2012 in an environment with 4000 clients.

If you click the suppress restart, it will not do an automatic restart, but the user will still be notified that a restart is necessary.

Rgds

Thomas

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Hi Ahmed.

I have done a lot of software update deployments the last year with SCCM 2012 in an environment with 4000 clients.

If you click the suppress restart, it will not do an automatic restart, but the user will still be notified that a restart is necessary.

Rgds

Thomas

Is there a way to suppress that restart notification?
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:25 PM
  • As Torsten wrote, it is done in the User Experience Tab.
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:28 PM