none
copy /clone of project web app project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All ,

I have created a project under project web app . Now the requirement is once the project gets created it should restore with all permissions under SharePoint .

Project Url:

https://serverurl/sites/pwa/myproject?54ftgf7t8gg98

Required URL:

https://serverurl/myproject?54ftgf7t8gg98

Please let me know how can I achieve this.

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

Monday, August 27, 2018 11:39 AM

All replies

• MeShare --

I do not understand WHY you need to do this.  Is this some weird client expectation?  When the project is created in Project Server, the project is already in SharePoint.  Why would it need to be created elsewhere?  Please let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, August 27, 2018 9:23 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thanks for responding.

Actually client wants once we create a project under project web app it should be automatically created under SharePoint Online (outside of project web app) and when some changes are done under project web app project it should reflect in SP Online site too that we have created automatically earlier.

The reason why they want this kind of requirement is they have licences for SP Online only and they don't have member licences  for Project Online. 

Please suggest.

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:54 AM
  • In addition to Dale's comment and query, I'll add my own comments.  

1. The database structure for the project information is not available just in the sharepoint DB, therefore you cannot just create a copy.

2. Potentially, because SharePoint has a task list, you could create a copy of the task list with relevant start/finish dates.

However, doing 2. would require a tonne of custom dev, it would probably be cheaper to buy the licences.

As an alternative, have you thought of sharing a copy of the gantt chart via a PDF or doing something similar - often the actual requirement in this type of scenario is for communication of the schedule, and this can be done many ways

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 8:41 AM
  • Hi There,

what i have understand based on that can suggest that You need to write a event handler on project creation event and add share point security groups on project.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:33 PM