distribution group issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

following problem:

I created a mail-enabled Distribution Group (Universal) in AD Domain B and added only a User from AD Domain A. When sending a mail to that Distribution Group it doesn't get delivered. Checking Message Tracking I can see it did indeed failed to deliver, with Source "Agent". When adding a User from Domain B additonal to that distribution group, the mail gets delievered to both recipients.

I use:

Exchange 2007 SP3, Forest with multiple domains all groups are universal distribution groups.

For any hints I'm very happy.

Thnaks,

iiMosh

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, if all the members of this distribution group are from domain B, messages can be delivered successfully. If you add a member from domain A to this distribution group, messages won't be delivered to it. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

In your case, I recommend you send a message to this specified domain A user directly and check if it can be delivered. What's more, please take your time to post the related message tracking log for my further research.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 30, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Hi Amy,

all users are direct via E-Mail reachable, only when I mixed the membership of that group I get errors when I send an E-Mail to that distribution group - attached is a screenshot of that error:

I hope I get a final hint.

Best regards.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Does the sender get any bounced email back? If so, copy & paste the error here.

TheUCGuy.Net

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:59 AM
  • There's no attempt to deliver the message, and there's no "DSN" event (if there was the sender would receive a NDR). Is there a reason for the failure on the "FAIL AGENT"  row in the tracking log row? It'd be farther to the right than what you've posted.

Is there also a "DEFER" event for the message? If so, there's probably a "redirect" transport rule that's handling the message.

Also, check the agent log on the HT server.

Do you have any transport rules in place to prevent mail between those domains?

What about Microsoft's anti-spam agents or anti-spam software?

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:55 AM