Copying of Thunderbird folder from Vista and W7 RRS feed

• Question

• I use a laptop with Vista home premium and a desktop with W7 pro 64 bit.

I use Thunderbird for my mail.

Previously when the desktop had XP on it I would backup Thunderbird folders onto the vista machine with no problem and I could recover from the laptop to the Desktop.

Now with W7 every time I try to transfer it gets the first 10 Gb done and then the transfer rate drops of to around 20 Kb/s and eventually hangs within a few Mb. The only way I can make it work is to do each of the sub-folders individually.

Now I looked at computers as a labour saving device and with XP and Vista it was now W7 seems to have gone backwards.

Now my folder called "Data" and all sub-folders (26 Gb) takes about an hour to copy from Vista to W7.

So why does Thunderbird and its sub-folders take forever?

Is this a Microsoft punishment for using T'bird thing?

Any one got the answer?

Best regards

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you copy file from Windows Vista to Windows 7? How was the speed when you transfer other file?

Microsoft doesn't do any punishment about the usage of third-party software.

However, third-party software might cause some issue for your computer's usage.

If your other speed is fine, try to use media to transfer file instead of network transferring.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Monday, April 7, 2014 7:49 AM update
    • Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, April 14, 2014 1:52 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 7:48 AM