Xfinity e-mails stuck in sent box with MS Office 365 Home Edition purchased in October 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• If people are having this problem and they have their own cable modem router instead of renting one from Comcast, they should contact Comcast and ask them to make sure the router's firmware is upgraded.  I have a Zoom model 5352 (it's old).  One of the suggestions on the net was to upgrade my router's firmware.  When I went to the Zoom website, it said "Your cable service provider will automatically update your cable modem/router with the latest firmware that they have approved."  So I contacted Comcast support using their Chat function.  The Comcast rep was able to confirm that my firmware was not up to date, but had to escalate the request to implement the fix to "higher ups".  They said they would get back to me in 24 hours.  I'll post an update if this fixes my particular issue.
    Saturday, February 2, 2019 5:25 PM

All replies

• Not sure what fixed it:

1. My Windows Office was not activated for some reason, but the e-mail still didn't work.

2. I typed "Windows Update" in the search bar and went to Windows Settings.  There were some updates that needed to be run and then the laptop restarted

3. I read somewhere that to use Port 587, no encryption should be selected.  So I did that and it said the repair to my account was successful.  Then I was able to send an e-mail without it getting stuck in my outbox.  However, when I went back to confirm my settings, the SMTP Server port was set to 465 and SSL/TLS encryption was selected as was "Log on using user name and password" with that information automatically entered.

Lord only knows why it works now....

Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:37 AM
  • Not sure what fixed it:

1. My Windows Office was not activated for some reason, but the e-mail still didn't work.

2. I typed "Windows Update" in the search bar and went to Windows Settings.  There were some updates that needed to be run and then the laptop restarted

3. I read somewhere that to use Port 587, no encryption should be selected.  So I did that and it said the repair to my account was successful.  Then I was able to send an e-mail without it getting stuck in my outbox.  However, when I went back to confirm my settings, the SMTP Server port was set to 465 and SSL/TLS encryption was selected as was "Log on using user name and password" with that information automatically entered.

Lord only knows why it works now....

Hi Anthony,

Great to know that it works now and thanks for sharing the steps you have tried before resolving the problem. 

Based on my experience, it's likely that the issue was fixed via the last steps related to the server port settings. If you still have concern on this, you may try creating a new Outlook profile and adding the account again using different port numbers and see the result. 

Anyway, so glad to see that the issue was gone now and if you don't mind, it would be appreciated that you can help mark your post above as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread. Thanks for your understanding and support. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 4, 2019 6:15 AM
  • wish I could close this thread out.  It's not working again. 
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 11:43 AM
  • wish I could close this thread out.  It's not working again. 

Hi Anthony,

I did some research on Xfinity email account and found the following link about the settings in Outlook:

Configure Outlook for Comcast Email

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please walk through the steps there and check the result.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:20 PM