none
One HomeGroup computer cannot access shared libraries on other HomeGroup computers RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 10 Networking,

I have an interesting issue with a 3-computer Windows 10 HomeGroup that someone asked me to work on.  The HomeGroup was created and 2 of the computers can access the libraries that are shared on the HomeGroup.  One computer cannot.  It sees the shared libraries in the HomeGroup but cannot open them.  However, the libraries shared on that computer are accessible from the 2 other working computers.

On the problem computer, I've attempted to leave the HomeGroup, permanently delete all of the files in \Windows\Service Profiles\LocalService\AppDate\Roaming\PeerNetworking and re-joined the HomeGroup...but the issue remains.

The problem computer has IP v4 and v6 enabled and can ping the other working computers.  The only issue I see is that the problem computer is at Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 and the 2 other working computers are at Windows 10 (either Home or Pro) version 1703.

Will updating the problem computer to version 1703 resolve the issue?  Does anyone else have other recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Joe

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

I suggest you update the this Windows 10 10240 to Windows 10 1703 to have a try.

Any error message when you attempt to access the shares on HomeGroup? Temporarily turn off firewall router (if it has) for a test.

Try to run HomeGroup troubleshooter:

1. Type Find and fix problems with homegroup in to search box.

2. Press Enter to run it.

In addition, disable the IPv6 for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:48 AM