none
Timeline Displaying "FY" in label for years RRS feed

• Question

• MSP2016 Pro - Is there a way to set the timeline label to "display" the year dates as FY2016,FY2017, FY2018 or FY16, FY17, FY18 rather than just the plain 2016, 2017, 2018?  There's no option in the label drop down list choices.  So the reader easily knows the schedule is set for FY, vice CY years.  (I have all the setting proper for fiscal year so "first quarter" is Oct - Dec etc.)

Steve

Monday, December 26, 2016 5:10 PM

Answers

• Steve,

As far as I remember, there never has been an option to include "FY" in either the Timescale or Timeline labels, so to answer your question, no.

Would it be a nice option to have? Yeah, probably and you could suggest that via the following site:

https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project

John

• Marked as answer by Mrcvn Monday, December 26, 2016 9:55 PM
    Monday, December 26, 2016 8:19 PM
  • If you keep the mouse pointer over any tier, the ScreenTip will display the date range of the period in the format FY... (if there is a fiscal year setting). Other than that there is no way to change the timescale labeling so as to alert the user for the fiscal year setting.

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:24 PM

All replies

• Steve,

As far as I remember, there never has been an option to include "FY" in either the Timescale or Timeline labels, so to answer your question, no.

Would it be a nice option to have? Yeah, probably and you could suggest that via the following site:

https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project

John

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:19 PM
  • If you keep the mouse pointer over any tier, the ScreenTip will display the date range of the period in the format FY... (if there is a fiscal year setting). Other than that there is no way to change the timescale labeling so as to alert the user for the fiscal year setting.

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:24 PM
  • John,

Thank you, I did a search before asking and found no results.  I expected a "no" answer, but you never know.   As you suggested, I just shot off an input to microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums.  Can't hurt...  LOL

Steve

Monday, December 26, 2016 9:55 PM
  • Steve,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

There are some other funky things with the fiscal year display on the timescale. Apparently it's been that way since day one.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eff30859-7882-483e-b4cc-08b006968752/how-do-i-get-weeks-in-timescale-to-respect-unchecked-use-fiscal-year-checkbox-when-a-fiscal-year?forum=projectprofessional2010general

John

Monday, December 26, 2016 10:41 PM
  • Thank you Steve, for marking as answers. Sorry for rewording the fact, I did not see John's reply while posting. 

Happy new year to all...

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:53 PM
  • Ismet,

Thank you for adding your comments.  Much appreciated.

And the same, Happy new year to all...

Steve

• Edited by Mrcvn Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:16 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:16 PM