none
UAG usefulness RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am evaluating uag . We have terminal services 2003, and a hand full of web applications that are currently being publish through ISA.
    Clients range from windows xp to windows vista.

Possibly might be going to RDS 2008

1. Is there any support for windows xp/vista using rdp 7 client for RDS 2008 with uag as the TS Gateway?
    2. Do I have any options?

thx jason

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Currently, UAG does not support XP/Vista in the new RDS application template but we hope to fix this soon.

You can publish any TS to any client (including Mac & Linux) using our RD Client tunneling application template.

Thanks,
                Meir :->
    Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Currently, UAG does not support XP/Vista in the new RDS application template but we hope to fix this soon.

You can publish any TS to any client (including Mac & Linux) using our RD Client tunneling application template.

Thanks,
                Meir :->
    Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:12 AM
  • Hi, thx for the reply. We currently use 2factor authentication for our TS2003. We would like to have the 2factor upfront on the portal with ad authentication. Then have Remote Desktop Services as a application in the portal with sso.

Anyway, I guess we will just wait until the stuff catches up for non windows 7 os's.

jason
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:36 AM
  • Hi Meir,

Can you elaborate on the support for publishing Terminal Services Remote desktops via UAG? I have Terminal Services 2008 + Terminal Services Gateway 2008 and wish to publish using UAG 2010 with RSA 2-factor authentication.

I get the impression this will all work with the RTM code, but remote clients must be Windows-7 at this time.

Can you confirm the above scenarion is do-able, and explain what the timeframe for XP support is (ie: XP SP3 clients remoting into the UAG published Terminal Server farm) I'm presuming there will be an update to the RDP 6.1 client in XP SP3?

Thanks,

Peter Moreton
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:23 AM
  • You can publish any TS to any client (including Mac & Linux) using our RD Client tunneling application template.
    Is this entirely true? As I'm awating a definitive answer for in this post this does not support Windows 7 x64?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:17 AM
  • Oh wait, using the "Remote Desktop (User Defined)" I was able to connect Win7x64 to RDC...
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:29 AM