none
How to sync publish database and report server databse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am facing  the issue,  publish database and report server database are not synced.

what ever i have publish in publish database its not come in report database.

Kindly do needful.

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Share Point Application Developer,TCS

Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:38 PM

Answers

• The Microsoft Office Project Server Reporting database can become corrupt at times causing general queue job failures when publishing projects when invoking the Reporting message processor throwing exceptions that cite FOREIGN KEY constraint conflicts. Sometimes these are spurious and random in nature, and you can correct them simply by forcing a rebuild of the Project Server Reporting database.

http://www.epmcentral.com/pjadmin/pjserver10/rebuilddb.php
    Monday, March 11, 2013 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

After publishing a project, check the Manage Queue jobs page - are all jobs successful? If they are successful then the data should be in sync. If the Jobs are failing what errors do you see?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:42 PM
  • The Microsoft Office Project Server Reporting database can become corrupt at times causing general queue job failures when publishing projects when invoking the Reporting message processor throwing exceptions that cite FOREIGN KEY constraint conflicts. Sometimes these are spurious and random in nature, and you can correct them simply by forcing a rebuild of the Project Server Reporting database.

http://www.epmcentral.com/pjadmin/pjserver10/rebuilddb.php
    Monday, March 11, 2013 4:02 AM
  • HI ,

All queue jobs are shows waiting To Be Processed and Job type is Reporting(Project Publish) and no error is there. 

Monday, March 11, 2013 5:08 AM
  • is it just waiting for the first job to run.. ie no 1 job in the queue and if so how long has it been waiting for that job to run.. it might be worth cancelling the job if its been there to long
    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:41 AM
  • Thanks for solution 

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Hi Anthony,

Again same problem occur,all job has been stuck in queue, i have try to many time kill all jobs and then start but same problem exist all job has in queue for waiting to be processed,can u suggese me why happen this,i am using project server 2007 as web app server and sql 2008 server as database. 

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:40 AM
  • hi , is the same schedule that is causing the problem or every schedule... / jobs
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi, Every schedule job

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Hi Hasan,

Please restart the Queue service once on nonbusiness hour and republished the data again.

Now check the queue jobs status if it is showing success than its confirm that published data has been sync with reporting database.

Thanks

Jayanta

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Hi,

Here i found one queue job has been affected all other job. when i was cancel this job,all will be clear from queue jobs.

can you elaborate me. why it happen.if that type of problem i will getting frequently so its so pathetic for me.can you provide how some queue job will impacted all other jobs.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:48 AM