Having trouble adding computers to a windows 2012 server domain controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having trouble with my 2012 server essentials domain controller not showing up own our network and I can't add client computers either.  I have followed the ad dc configuration tool with no success.  Any help, links etc would be appreciated?

Thanks

John G

John Grace

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:39 AM

Answers

• We don't have enough information from your question to diagnose the problem, but there are some things you can tell us that might help.  First, from any computer on the LAN, type the following command into a command prompt:

ipconfig /all > c:\iptest.txt

then open your C drive, find this text file, open it with notepad and copy and past the contents in your reply.

Do the same thing from the server and post the results also.  Don't change anything, but be sure to tell us which is which.

Now from the results, tell us if you can ping the server from the station and the station from the server by IP.  If that is successful, can you ping each from the other by their machine name?

Larry Struckmeyer[MVP] If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, June 22, 2014 4:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:00 AM