Problem with Windows Update kb960003 on Vista 64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista x64 on a machine with multiple users.  Two days ago, automatic updates said there was an Office 2007 update (kb960003) available, so I installed it and restarted.  When the machine came back up, automatic updates again said update kb960003 was available and needed to be installed.  I did it again, with the same result.  I've tried a few things to try to get rid of the update notification that keeps popping up telling me to install the same update.  Here's what I've done:

I've logged into the other users' accounts and installed the update from there (the update notification also shows up in their accounts).

I've downloaded this update package from the MS website and tried installing it manually.  It tells me that the update is already installed, so it doesn't do anything.

I tried booting into safe mode (with networking) to try to install the update from there, but the windows update service doesn't seem to run while in safe mode and the manual install just tells me again that the update has already been installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Tony

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:35 PM

All replies

• Well I can only tell you, it’s not the multiple account managing, I’m having the same problem with my system x64 vista ultimate with a single main account.

Trying to find a solution as well if I find one ill post it

eblis

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Well I can only tell you, it’s not the multiple account managing, I’m having the same problem with my system x64 vista ultimate with a single main account.

Trying to find a solution as well if I find one ill post it

eblis

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:35 PM