Steadystate and Cybersitter RRS feed

• Question

• I currently run Cybersitter9 to filter the internet connection where I work, I'm having problems updating the whitelist while Steadystate is installed. Cybersitter lets me add sites to the list, but when the list is saved, closed, then reopened the list is empty. I tried uninstalling Steadystate and then was able to add items to the whitelist without incident however upon reinstalling Steadystate I could no longer add items to the list.

I have made sure I am acting with admin privileges, and have made sure that disk protection was not active.

Has anybody else had this problem or heard of such thing and know how to get around this short of uninstalling and reinstalling Steadystate?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi jschristian, based on the symptom, if the issue is not caused by WDP or permission issue, you can check if the account is locked and if any restriction causes the issue, including "Set Computer Restrictions". You can reinstall Windows SteadyState, disable all restrictions and see the result. If the issue still occurs, we may consider the issue is caused by other factors.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:11 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:32 AM