none
Power Query - Privacy levels are not saved RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have ~ 50 Excel files that each one contain ~ 15 Power Query queries.

I select the Privacy option under "Query Options- Privacy- to "Ignore the Privacy Levels..." for all the Excels and even in the "Data Source Settings", I selected the Privacy Level to Public but after a day or two it returns back to its default  - "Combine data according to..." and pops a message to select the privacy level...

Any solution how to keep it saved?

Thanks

Lekfir 

lekfir

Saturday, March 12, 2016 10:04 PM

Answers

• Just to clarify, are both of these true?

1) The "Ignore Privacy Levels" setting of the current file is reset every couple of days. This file is stored locally and is not modified by anyone else.

2) Privacy Levels for other data sources, like external Excel files, are lost every couple of day.

Could you see what happens if you do the following:

1) Go to "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power Query" ("%LocalAppData%\microsoft\office\16.0\PowerQuery" if you are using Excel 2016) and copy the file User.zip to a different location.

2) When your privacy levels are cleared, copy that file back to the original directory and restart Excel. Are your privacy levels back? Do you still get the privacy level prompt?

Monday, March 14, 2016 9:40 PM

All replies

• Are you on a company network? If so, company settings are doing this.

Unrecognized Excel MVP (UEM)

Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:07 PM
  • Thanks!
    Yes, I am in a company network. What should I do/ask?

lekfir

Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Just to clarify, are both of these true?

1) The "Ignore Privacy Levels" setting of the current file is reset every couple of days. This file is stored locally and is not modified by anyone else.

2) Privacy Levels for other data sources, like external Excel files, are lost every couple of day.

Could you see what happens if you do the following:

1) Go to "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power Query" ("%LocalAppData%\microsoft\office\16.0\PowerQuery" if you are using Excel 2016) and copy the file User.zip to a different location.

2) When your privacy levels are cleared, copy that file back to the original directory and restart Excel. Are your privacy levels back? Do you still get the privacy level prompt?

Monday, March 14, 2016 9:40 PM