How to start Outlook 2019 in No Mail Mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the old version of Outlook, such as Outlook 2010, there is a no mail mode. After installing Outlook and starting it for the first time, I may choose "No mail" mode so that I can access the main interface of Outlook without setting an email account. 

However, now in Outlook 2019, when I start it, there is no such a mode. I need to provide an email account and work online(my computer has no Internet) to launch it. Is there  a way to work offline and "no mail" mode?

Friday, December 14, 2018 10:47 PM

All replies

• Create a No-Mail account in Outlook 2016

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 17, 2018 2:01 AM
    Saturday, December 15, 2018 12:02 AM
  • Hi chcw,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer.

Besides, if you need to work offline, we can set this via Send/Receive tab > Work Offline.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 17, 2018 2:00 AM
  • Hi chcw,

Was the reply above useful to you?

If you need further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for follow up.

Actually the link you provided does half of the work, I can create a new no mail profile with the command line options. However, the steps thereafter is not described very clearly so I have to try and figure out by myself how to do that, that is, I need to go to "Mail" in Control panel, setup mail account and PST file manually for the profile. And setting up a mail account without connection is also a tricky step. One must use advanced mode and disable the test option.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:11 AM
  • Hi chcw,

To add PST files, we can go to Control Panel > Mail > Email Account > Data files tab >Add...

>>And setting up a mail account without connection is also a tricky step.

Do you mean to add an email account to Outlook without network? According to my research, I'm afraid that this is not realizable. If you want to work offline, normally, we have to first configure this account to Outlook and then click Send/Receive tab > Work Offline.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hi chcw,

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:25 AM
  • Hi chcw,

I'm afraid that this is not realizable.

That is possible, with advanced settings, input all the parameters and uncheck the "test" option, you can setup an account without Internet.
    Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:20 PM
  • Hi,

Which option do you mean? Test Account Settings?

As far as I know, when you are adding a new account, it can't be unchecked. Later, after the account is added, it can be unchecked if you go in to make changes in More Settings. Would you mind providing detailed steps to setup an account without Internet so that I can test here?

Regards,

Perry

Friday, December 21, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

I'm wondering if there are anything else I can do for you. Was the reply above helpful to you?

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back. If the information is helpful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer.

Have a nice day~

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Hi, Perry,

Using manually setting in "Mail" control panel, it is possible to disable the "test". The "mail" control panel seems to still use Outlook 2016 interface, not Outlook 2019's

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:07 AM
  • Hi, Perry,

Using manually setting in "Mail" control panel, it is possible to disable the "test". The "mail" control panel seems to still use Outlook 2016 interface, not Outlook 2019's

Currently, this is by design. You will still see "Outlook 2016" even you have Outlook 2019 installed.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:48 AM