none
Office 365 Sharepoint 404 error IE *ONLY* RRS feed

• Question

• I started this thread in the 365 support forums: http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/154/t/91868.aspx

Gradually over the past 6 months users are unable to access Sharepoint using Internet Explorer. Win7, WinXP, various versions of IE but mostly 8 and 9. The Lobby will flash on the screen for a moment, then a 404 error will pop up. I called 365 support and after hours of troubleshooting (cookies, cache, disabling add-ins, compatibility mode, etc), I ended up with "It must be your systems," and that's it.

The Sharepoint sites work just fine in Firefox. So I've had to install FF on all the machines and discourage using IE for anything other than some specific sites that don't work well with anything else. (I hate having to create browser-specific shortcuts for users.) Reading around the web, I find this isn't a unique situation. In fact, I'm seeing people report the same thing in SP 2010 onsite servers as well. 

Can someone give me some more ideas here?

Thanks!

Don

Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• I have a some error...

With the best regards, Anton

Friday, July 12, 2013 11:09 AM
  • mostly 8 and 9. The Lobby will flash on the screen for a moment, then a 404 error will pop up.

The Sharepoint sites work just fine in Firefox.

The message implies that an invalid request is being generated, perhaps by a script but in any case it would be more of a server side problem than a client side problem.

At least with IE9 you could try using the Developer Tools to analyze this (though you probably have already done so during your extensive troubleshooting sessions).  You could also try using IE9 to spoof a different User-Agent string (e.g. make it the Firefox one and see if it works "just fine" then. <w>)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, July 12, 2013 11:09 PM