ASP .NET developing problem RRS feed

• Question

• hello,all.fisrt thank you for your review of my questions.

when i'm developing  a website .In the developing environment ,i can get dataset from the oracle database and the website is ok.

then,i public it with iis, But problem is coming ,i can't get dataset from  the oracle database.the "select * from tablename" operation result is null, i don't why .

Can anyone help me to do the trouble shooting,Thank you very much.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:04 AM (very strange) removed from Title. Problem descriptions only - not comments E-mail address removed from text - don't ask people to e-mail you
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:04 AM not general - programming ? (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:42 AM

Answers

• Christ

Can you please confirm following things

1. Did you installed oracle client and configured ORA using DSN on MOSS Public Server?, If yes thne check the the connectivity of your oracle server form MOSS Public Server.

2. How are you connecting Oracle using connection string, did you added connectionstring on your MOSS web server web config? FYI, Oracle Connection String should be

<add name="OracleConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=your tns server;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=your username;Password=your password" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient" />

Let us share your work progress?

Ashish Kanoongo, MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:37 AM

All replies

• Can you once verify if your Connection string to the oracle database is correct or not.

Also, do you mean to say it is a public facing website (like an Internet site)? Probably your webapplication is not able to reach the DB.

BR, PM

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Yes,i think the connection string is ok.Because when it's in .Net developing environment it can get dataset from oracle database.

i try it in the server in that .Net environment. But when publish it ,can not get dataset through the query.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:25 AM
  • Check the following:

1. Your web server is able to "see" the Oracle database - you may be able to access it from your dev environment, but perhaps the production environment is locked down?

2. Permissions: Perhaps your production server does not have permission to access the database - is the application pool account configured for access correctly? If using Kerberos are the correct SPN's configured?

Read my wiki at www.intheknow.it for more code and tips for developing with SharePoint 2007 & 2010
    Twitter: @starznet

Technical Architect at Starznet Ltd. WSS/MOSS development and customisation with a primary focus on CMS.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:46 AM
  • Christ

Can you please confirm following things

1. Did you installed oracle client and configured ORA using DSN on MOSS Public Server?, If yes thne check the the connectivity of your oracle server form MOSS Public Server.

2. How are you connecting Oracle using connection string, did you added connectionstring on your MOSS web server web config? FYI, Oracle Connection String should be

<add name="OracleConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=your tns server;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=your username;Password=your password" providerName="System.Data.OracleClient" />

Let us share your work progress?

Ashish Kanoongo, MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:37 AM