Outlook 2106 RRS feed

• Question

• I moved email servers, thus saved my Outlook to a file. I did not set up a password. Once the server move was complete I tried importing the old Outlook file, but it keeps requesting a password, I do not have and did not set up. Please help! 

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it prompt you for password when we try to open the PST file directly via File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File in Outlook?

Have your tried scanning and repairing your PST file to see the result? For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

Besides, we may also try opening the PST file from another computer to see if this issue continues. This help determine if the issue is related to your Outlook program or the PST file.

Is it possible that you unintentionally set a password to the PST file? Have you tried entering some regular passwords you use frequently? If the PST file is really password protected and you don't know the password, I'm afraid that Microsoft support professionals cannot assist you, under any circumstances, in the breaking of passwords applied to files and features in Microsoft programs.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:38 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:28 AM