i am facing problem with windows 7 wireless connection RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    i am adeesh, i am using windows7 from last 5 days, it is working fine with internet cable connection, but i am using VOdafone mobile modem for the wireless connection, vodafone modem is working fine with the windows XP, but with Windows 7 it is giving error message - data interface not installed

please help me urgently...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• First, please upgrade your computer's firmware and drivers.

In order to connect to the Vodafone network, you need to install the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect. This can be found HERE. From this page, download and install the version available under the 'For the PC (Windows)' section. This installation should be done on the laptop/PC with Windows 7.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

To access the Vodafone network, do the following: plug-in your modem, wait for Windows 7 to detect it and install the appropriate drivers, start the Vodafone Mobile Connect application and connect to the Vodafone network.

However, if the issue persists, please contact Vodafone Support direct for assistance.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Adeesh,

Please let us know your machine's model, or the model of your wireless card first.

The error means the wireless card driver is not installed correctly, to fix your issue, you should apply the latest driver from the pc's manufacture. Once you installed the driver for the adaptor, please check the adapter's properties in the Device manager, and test your issue again.

Good luck!
    John
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:18 AM
  • First, please upgrade your computer's firmware and drivers.

In order to connect to the Vodafone network, you need to install the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect. This can be found HERE. From this page, download and install the version available under the 'For the PC (Windows)' section. This installation should be done on the laptop/PC with Windows 7.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

To access the Vodafone network, do the following: plug-in your modem, wait for Windows 7 to detect it and install the appropriate drivers, start the Vodafone Mobile Connect application and connect to the Vodafone network.

However, if the issue persists, please contact Vodafone Support direct for assistance.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:00 AM